Financial Analysis Megatrends Travel Around Asia on AirAsia. Now Everyone Can Invest.

AirAsia Hotel Rooms Holiday Promotion 2012 Search Box Earn 50 Percent or 48 USD Per Introduction

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Benefits of Eating Egg

My father was quite a health conscious person, and one issue he had was a high level of cholesterol in his body. And thus he is taking some medication for that. He avoids egg.

Personally myself, I love eggs. I thought it is the most balance food. Any one from any religion can eat eggs, and it is so versatile you could cook eggs in so many ways. The properties of the yolk and the egg white have a mysterious partnership - that is usually the key ingredient in many creations of new food such as for baking, traditional Asian delicacies from Thailand, to Chinese-style desserts.

Eggs  Chicken and Egg: A Memoir of Suburban Homesteading with 125 Recipes  The Egg and I
Even when I was young, some of my breakfast days were just a simple half-boiled egg, some black soya sauce (not the sweet one but the thick and savoury kind), a pinch of pepper, and perhaps two pieces of crackers.

So I wanted to find out what is wrong with eggs? Or is it merely some misunderstanding? Does eggs really make you fat, or give you bad cholesterol?

My research gave me enlightening answers. Eating eggs does not increase the cholesterol in your body. Cholesterol is made inside your body. You need it to make the membrane of your cells and body hormones. It is made in your liver.

The funny but very logical fact: the more you try to reduce it (from intake), the body will likely produce more of it since it is needed in those basic essential cell production. There are two types of cholesterol, HDL and LDL. HDL (High Density Lipoprotein) functions by carrying the LDL away from cells and arteries back to the liver, removing it away from your bloodstream. Perhaps the more dangerous substance to note in the body is Triglyceride.

Anyway moving back to my finding is doing a practical experiment. I have been consuming free-range eggs for the past 3 months, average 3 extra large eggs for breakfast, and 2 for snacks in the afternoon. I boil them, microwave them (looks like half boil, just keep checking every 5-10 seconds and stirring until it looks like some soft-boiled eggs!) and eat them just like that without any other additional ingredients.

What is the results? I lost 3 kg the first 1 month. Today I just checked, I am down 6 kg in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Compare Reviews